Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday...going with the flow; and Baked Spaghetti

It was one of those days....not much went the way I had planned. It is the busy season at work, right before the begining of the year. But we managed to take a co-worker to lunch for her Birthday, and it was a nice break. We had Mexican and it was yummy! I thought I would get home and do a little sewing but that didn't happen either. Some days you just have to go with the flow, but gosh it can be hard!

 Somedays when I go into my sewing room and look at my UFO's and all my new fabric (I have been busy stash building lately :) So many projects planned in my head. It just seems I am so far behind! Behind what? I am not quite sure, some preconceived idea I have of what I should be able to complete I guess. Do you ever do that, set a deadline that really is only of consequence to you? Its not all bad, and it always feels good to cross a project off the list, but sometimes, well sometimes we really don't need the extra pressure and stress.....step back, take a deep breath and go with the flow. Sewing/quilting/crafting is supposed to be relaxing, enjoyable and not induce craziness!

Avatar-Stick Man Banging Head on Wall


So here is a pic of my sewing table, waiting patiently for me to return....such a good friend.




Meanwhile, I have a great recipe to share. I had a block party last weekend to mark the end of the summer/fall season and start of short days, long nights and yes....winter. We had snow on Friday. So I invited all the neighbors and had a Pot Luck (Carry In) and a few adult beverages. I made Baked Spaghetti. It was sooo good! The recipe is from the Food Network and by Paula Dean. It was a hit!
Thanks for stopping by!

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!