Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jelly roll in Central Park



Strip quilt



I have had this Kate Spain Central Park fabric and have always wanted to use it in a strip quilt because of the wonderful, vibrant colors. So I got busy last night and did the jelly roll strip quilt.




1600 inches of strips!


a river of fabric!




And finally a finished quilt top! I love the colors and it is an easy project but I must admit I was bored sewing long continuous strips. And then there is keeping the puddle of fabric in line to sew those long strips! I did however set my machine on it's fastest speed (which I rarely use) and was very happy at it's performance. It was a nice change to piecing and it is a great beginner quilt or fast project for anyone needing a quick gift but not as fun as I thought it would be.
Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. I am linking up to W.I.P Wednesday with Freshly Pieced! I am new to linking up but so fun!

2 comments:

  1. Even though it was monotonous to work on, the result is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! It did turn out happy and bright, and will be fun to cuddle or have a picnic on!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!