Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I know it was busy here. My grandson Jack was here, lots of fun coloring eggs, baking cupcakes and just having fun. Fishing was number one on his list!

Alas, no catches, but lots of fun! I must say he has quite a cast!


And quite a finish to the day, as the cupcakes were cooling on the counter, the grand dog Marley (6mo old black lab) found them on the counter while we were outside chatting with the neighbors and had his Easter treat to the tune of 6 cupcakes!!! No harm done, except maybe to Marley's feelings as he was definitely in trouble for that!

 Nothing finished this week, but 'lots of bits and pieces!
It doesn't feel like much was accomplished but once I started taking pics for the post, I realized I did make progress!  So without further delay, my update on W.I.P. Wednesday. I will be linking with
Lee at Freshly Pieced and Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict this week.

Most of my sewing time was spent on Jack's Jungle quilt:
I completed all the blanket stitiching around all the animals. It really does make them pop, and I am very happy to have this completed. Now I just have to hand embroider the smiles and it will be ready to sandwich! So happy to have made this progress! Here are some pics:



So I finished 3 of the large animals and 3 of the smaller corner monkeys.

After all that applique, I was looking for something different so I did some hand work
I started sewing the binding to the back of this much loved quilt which I previously wrote about here.


Sometimes handwork can be very enjoyable.

In the wings waiting: Juicy squares -- centers cut
Retro Floweres: waiting for CurveMaster Presser foot to arrive (so excited not to pin!)
CraftsyBOM: April blocks
Civil War BOM: April block

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- those animals are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job with your animal quilt. I can't wait to see their smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the animals! So cute!

    Also, I can't blame your lab! I think I ate 6 cupcakes on Easter too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!